PAIA – PROVISION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT
BARNASCHONE INC. TRADING AS BARNASCHONE ATTORNEYS
MANUAL PREPARED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, NO. 2 OF 2000
The aim of the manual is to assist potential requestors as to the procedure to be followed when requesting access to information / documents from Barnaschone Inc. trading as Barnaschone Attorneys as contemplated in terms of the Act. The manual may be amended from time to time and as soon as any amendments have been finalised, the latest version of the manual will be made public. Any requestor is advised to contact the Administrative Manager should he/she require any assistance in respect of the utilisation of this manual and/or the requesting of information / documents from Barnaschone Inc. the following words will bear the following meaning in this manual: –
- “the Act” means the Promotion of Access to Information Act. No. 2 of 2000, together with all relevant regulations published;
- “the / this manual” means this manual together with all annexures thereto as available at the offices of Barnaschone Inc. from time to time;
- “Barnaschone Attorneys” means Barnaschone Inc., Registration Number: 2012/052729/21, an Incorporated company duly incorporated in accordance with the laws of South Africa which renders legal and related services;
- “SAHRC” means the South African Human Rights Commission;
- “Information Officers” means the Administrative Manager appointed as the Information Officer of Barnaschone Attorneys, to which requests for information in terms of the Act should be addressed.
2. CONTACT DETAILS
Section 51(1)(a) of the Act
|Name of body:
|Appointed Information Officer:
||Office 203, Soho-on-Strand,
128 Strand Street, De Waterkant,
Cape Town 8001
||P O Box 27533, Rhine Road, 8050
||(021) 433 1670
||086 260 1550
||firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Kindly submit all requests for access to information to both the aforementioned email addresses.
3. GUIDE IN TERMS OF SECTION 10 OF THE ACT
Section 51(1)(b) of the Act
In terms of Section 10 of the Act, a guide will be compiled by the South African Human Rights Commission containing such information as may be required by a person who wishes to exercise any right contemplated in the Act. The guide will be made available in all official languages by the SAHRC and is obtainable from the SAHRC. Contact details of the South African Human Rights Commission are as follows:
PAIA Unit: The Research and Documentation Department
Private Bag X2700
Telephone: +27 11 877 3600
4. NOTICE(S) IN TERMS OF SECTION 52(2) OF THE ACT
Section 51(1)(c) of the Act
At this stage no notice(s) has / have been published.
5. INFORMATION / DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH OTHER LEGISLATION
Section 51(1)(d) of the Act
Barnaschone Inc. keeps information / documents in accordance with the following legislation (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
- Attorneys Act No. 59 of 1979;
- Legal Practice Act No. 28 of 2014;
- Pension Funds Act No. 24 of 1956;
- Income Tax Act No. 58 of 1962 (Section 75);
- Companies Act No. 61 of 1973;
- Companies Act No. 71 of 2008;
- Copyright Act No. 98 of 1978;
- Value-Added Tax Act No. 89 of 1991 (Section 65);
- Occupation Health and Safety Act No. 85 of 1993;
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act No. 130 of 1993 (Section 97);
- Labour Relations Act No. 66 of 1995;
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act No. 75 of 1997 (Section 31);
- Employment Equity Act No. 55 of 1998 (Section 26);
- Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998;
- Medical Schemes Act No. 131 of 1998;
- Skills Development Levies Act No. 9 of 1999;
- Unemployment Insurance Act No. 63 of 2001.
The aforementioned records, in so far as it being of a public nature, are available automatically without a person having to request access thereto in terms of the Act, as envisaged in Section 52.
6. DOCUMENTS / INFORMATION BY BARNASCHONE INC. IN TERMS OF THE ACT
Section 51(1)(e) of the Act
The information / documents listed herein below:
- Details relating to the operational, commercial and financial interests of Barnaschone Inc.;
- Commercial contracts;
- Member data base (personal information, commercial and financial information);
- Standard Employment Contracts;
- Employment Equity Report Skills Development Report;
- Human Resources (personal information of past, present and prospective employees and officer / directors);
- List of trademarks and pending applications;
- Insurance policies.
The Barnaschone Inc. website address is www.barnaschone.co.za and it is accessible to anyone with access to the internet. It contains a profile on Barnaschone Inc., its contact particulars, services rendered, as well as information of general interest.
It is recorded that any and all documents / information requested pertaining to the aforesaid shall only be made available to a requestor subject to the provisions of the Act. None of the information held by Barnaschone Inc. is automatically available without a person having to request access in terms of and subject to the provisions of the Act. A request for information should be in the prescribed form, addressed to the Administrative Manager and submitted against payment of the prescribed fee.